Thanks to amazing 10.1 inch screen paired with powerful NVIDIA Tegra 2 chip the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a perfect mobile solution for playing videos. Galaxy Tab 10.1 supports the most popular video formats, including MP4, Flash Video FLV, WMV, MPEG-4, DivX, XviD, H.263, H.264 video. However, many other video formats, such as MKV, VOB, AVI, TiVo, MOV and MTS are not supported. You should also keep in mind the 2GB file size limitation, otherwise video playback quality may be affected. So, is it possible to play huge HD video files and/or files in unsupported formats? The short answer is “Yes”. And to make this process easier we have prepared a step-by-step guide for you how to play any video on your tab
In order to get maximum video playback quality from Galaxy Tab 10.1 you have to convert your video to one of the supported formats and adjust target video resolution to match the 10.1 inch screen size (1280×800). In other words, you need a video converter that will do the job for you.
There are plenty of different options available on the market today, and you are free to choose any of them. Just make sure your choice matches the following requirements:
- It should be possible to convert video to MP4 format;
- It should be possible to adjust screen resolution to 1280×800 or similar (1280×754 or 1280×720) to optimize video for full-screen playback.
Here is the list of free video converters that can be used to convert video files:
- Free Video Converter
- Prism Video Converter
- iWisoft Free Video Converter
Lets see how to convert videos to Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 format using free version of Any Video Convertor:
- Download and install Any Video Converter software to your PC;
- Launch Any Video Converter;
- Click “Add File” and select video file you want to convert;
- Choose “Customized MP4 movie” output profile;
- Set 1280×720 frame size in case original video frame size exceeds it;
- Click “Convert” button to convert your video to Galaxy Tab 10.1 format.
Finally, you can either upload converted video to your tablet manually or use Samsung Kies, a free computer application that makes moving media (music, videos, photos) to and from your tablet much easier than manual file transfers. That is it: now you can convert and play videos on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1